Girl allegedly raped, thrown into river in Manipur
Imphal: A 16-year-old girl was allegedly raped and thrown into a river in a village in Manipur, police said on Wednesday.
The body of the girl, who had been missing for the past three days was fished out of Haorang river in Imphal East district yesterday, the police said.
The body was spotted by some youths, who had gone to take bath in the river.
Family sources said the girl was missing for the past three days but they believed that she had gone to the house of her maternal grandfather.
They came to know of the incident yesterday.
Police said the body, which bore injury marks, has been sent for post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note