Girl allegedly raped, thrown into river in Manipur
Imphal: A 16-year-old girl was allegedly raped and thrown into a river in a village in Manipur, police said on Wednesday.
The body of the girl, who had been missing for the past three days was fished out of Haorang river in Imphal East district yesterday, the police said.
The body was spotted by some youths, who had gone to take bath in the river.
Family sources said the girl was missing for the past three days but they believed that she had gone to the house of her maternal grandfather.
They came to know of the incident yesterday.
Police said the body, which bore injury marks, has been sent for post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown