Girl allegedly raped, thrown into river in Manipur
Imphal: A 16-year-old girl was allegedly raped and thrown into a river in a village in Manipur, police said on Wednesday.
The body of the girl, who had been missing for the past three days was fished out of Haorang river in Imphal East district yesterday, the police said.
The body was spotted by some youths, who had gone to take bath in the river.
Family sources said the girl was missing for the past three days but they believed that she had gone to the house of her maternal grandfather.
They came to know of the incident yesterday.
Police said the body, which bore injury marks, has been sent for post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29