Girl found hanging at Manipur engineering college
Imphal: A 20-year old girl student of National Institute of Technology (NIT) identified as Jakitri Diwangkar from Chhattisgarh was found hanging at her hostel under in Imphal West district, police said on Thursday.
Police said her friends called her from outside her room which was locked from inside yesterday as they had to go for the examination together and some of her friends looked through the window and found her body hanging.
Immediately police were informed, sources said adding that police sent the body to nearby Regional Institute of Medical Science and Hospital for post mortem.
Diwankar was a first year student of BE (Electrical), NIT authorities said. A friend of hers said she was a very good student but was slightly deformed after getting an electric shock some years ago at her home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert