Girl student found hanging at engineering college in Manipur
Imphal: A 20-year old girl student of National Institute of Technology (NIT), identified as Jakitri Diwangkar from Chhattisgarh, was found hanging at her hostel in Imphal West district, police said on Thursday.
Police said her friends called her from outside her room which was locked from inside yesterday as they had to go for the examination together and some of her friends looked through the window and found her body hanging.
Immediately police were informed, sources said adding that police sent the body to nearby Regional Institute of Medical Science and Hospital for post mortem.
Diwankar was a first year student of B.E (Electrical), NIT authorities said. A friend of hers said she was a very good student but was slightly deformed after getting an electric shock some years ago at her home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand