Girl student found hanging at engineering college in Manipur
Imphal: A 20-year old girl student of National Institute of Technology (NIT), identified as Jakitri Diwangkar from Chhattisgarh, was found hanging at her hostel in Imphal West district, police said on Thursday.
Police said her friends called her from outside her room which was locked from inside yesterday as they had to go for the examination together and some of her friends looked through the window and found her body hanging.
Immediately police were informed, sources said adding that police sent the body to nearby Regional Institute of Medical Science and Hospital for post mortem.
Diwankar was a first year student of B.E (Electrical), NIT authorities said. A friend of hers said she was a very good student but was slightly deformed after getting an electric shock some years ago at her home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says