Girl student found hanging at engineering college in Manipur
Imphal: A 20-year old girl student of National Institute of Technology (NIT), identified as Jakitri Diwangkar from Chhattisgarh, was found hanging at her hostel in Imphal West district, police said on Thursday.
Police said her friends called her from outside her room which was locked from inside yesterday as they had to go for the examination together and some of her friends looked through the window and found her body hanging.
Immediately police were informed, sources said adding that police sent the body to nearby Regional Institute of Medical Science and Hospital for post mortem.
Diwankar was a first year student of B.E (Electrical), NIT authorities said. A friend of hers said she was a very good student but was slightly deformed after getting an electric shock some years ago at her home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj