GJM negotiators will be hanged: UGPF
Gangtok: The United Gorkha Revolutionary
Front (UGRF), a Gorkha outfit, on Thursday threatened to `hang`
Gorkha Jan Mukti Morkha (GJM) negotiators if they failed to
secure a separate Gorkhaland state at the December 21
tripartite talks with the Center.
"The GJM negotiators will be deemed as traitors and
hanged in the event of their failure to usher in a separate
state for the Gorkha people," the UGRF President Ajay Dahal
said in a statement here.
The Gorkha community is pinning its hope that their long
standing aspiration for a separate state will be fulfilled at
the talks, he said, adding creation of the Gorkhaland state
will be a `fitting tribute` to those pro-statehood supporters
who have laid down their lives for the cause in the past
Dahal also threatened to launch a militant struggle on
the statehood demand in the wake of an unsatisfactory outcome
at the crucial tripartite talks later this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley