GNLA attacks police convoy in Meghalaya
Shillong: Suspected Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) militants on Tuesday attacked a police convoy by blasting a powerful IED on a bridge near Chisobibra village in East Garo Hills district of Meghalaya, police said.
None was injured, but some vehicles of the convoy were damaged in the blast, police said.
The militants attacked the convoy of Meghalaya police commandos when it was moving to Williamnagar at about 10 am.
Police recovered batteries and a long copper wire used in detonating the IED from the blast site.
A combing operation has already begun in the area to flush out the insurgents.
Police suspected Jimmy Momin, senior area commander of GNLA, was active behind the attack.
GNLA Chairman Champion Sangma is currently serving a three-year jail term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested