GNLA attacks police convoy in Meghalaya
Shillong: Suspected Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) militants on Tuesday attacked a police convoy by blasting a powerful IED on a bridge near Chisobibra village in East Garo Hills district of Meghalaya, police said.
None was injured, but some vehicles of the convoy were damaged in the blast, police said.
The militants attacked the convoy of Meghalaya police commandos when it was moving to Williamnagar at about 10 am.
Police recovered batteries and a long copper wire used in detonating the IED from the blast site.
A combing operation has already begun in the area to flush out the insurgents.
Police suspected Jimmy Momin, senior area commander of GNLA, was active behind the attack.
GNLA Chairman Champion Sangma is currently serving a three-year jail term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam