GNLA attacks police convoy in Meghalaya
Shillong: Suspected Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) militants on Tuesday attacked a police convoy by blasting a powerful IED on a bridge near Chisobibra village in East Garo Hills district of Meghalaya, police said.
None was injured, but some vehicles of the convoy were damaged in the blast, police said.
The militants attacked the convoy of Meghalaya police commandos when it was moving to Williamnagar at about 10 am.
Police recovered batteries and a long copper wire used in detonating the IED from the blast site.
A combing operation has already begun in the area to flush out the insurgents.
Police suspected Jimmy Momin, senior area commander of GNLA, was active behind the attack.
GNLA Chairman Champion Sangma is currently serving a three-year jail term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi