GNLA kills policeman
Shillong: A Meghalaya Police personnel was killed and three others injured in an encounter with the banned Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) rebels near Gasuapara in South Garo Hills district, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place when the policemen were patrolling in the area on foot on Tuesday night.
The injured was rushed to neighbouring Guwahati for treatment, while condition of the other two was safe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA