GNLA linkmam held
Shillong: Security forces arrested a
linkman of the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) while he was trying to cross over from Bangladesh, officials said on Tuesday.
Acting on a tip off, BSF personnel caught Sonion Marak at the Indo-Bangladesh border in South Garo Hills district last evening.
Marak, carrying both Indian and Bangladeshi currencies, had been facilitating movement of GNLA cadres to and from Bangladesh, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka