GNLA militant apprehended in Shillong
Shillong: The Border Security Forces apprehended a hardcore cadre of the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) militant group from a local market in West Garo Hills district on Tuesday, officials said.
Acting on a tip-off, the cadre, identified as Konan Sangma of Chengpara village was apprehended from Purakhasi market at around 1:30 PM, they said.
BSF seized a 7.65 mm USA-made pistol, two magazines and 9 RDS from his possession.
Preliminary investigation revealed that Konan had joined the group last year. He received training in the jungles of East Garo Hills district, BSF officials said.
The Centre had declared the GNLA an outlawed organisation in January for criminal activities like intimidation, kidnapping, extorting and killing of civilians and security personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical