GNLA warns corrupt govt officials of punishment
Shillong: Hours after releasing abducted Dadenggre BDO PK Boro, the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) on Saturday warned Meghalaya government officials and politicians of "severe punishment" for corrupt practices while serving the people.
The area commander of the outfit, Jacque Marak, in a
statement to the media, said, "Our targets are MLAs, MDCs and
other corrupt officers in the government."
"In the coming year, we will abduct them and according to
their deeds, they will be punished," he said.
Terming the abduction of Boro and his subsequent release
as an example for government servants to learn from, Jacque
said, "We could not possibly kill him for his honesty and
dedicated service to the people of the area."
Boro has been in GNLA`s captive since November 21 after
he was abducted from his office in West Garo Hills district.
"Let this be the message to all those un-corrupt officers
that they will not be touched. However, our targets are MLAs,
MDCs and other corrupt officers," Jacque said.
The GNLA, which is fighting for a separate state for the
Garos, has been involved in abduction, kidnapping, extortion
and in other anti-social activities in the three Garo Hills
district in the past two years.
In 2010, a transport official was abducted and punished
by the outfit for his alleged corrupt practices while in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest