GOC 3 Corps meets Arunachal Pradesh Governor
Itanagar: General officer commanding of 3 Corps, Lt Gen Arun Kumar Sahni, called on Governor Nirbhay Sharma here to discuss key issues, including security and road communication in the state, official sources said Tuesday.
During the meeting yesterday, the governor, who had toured Changlang and Tirap districts just after being sworn in, advised Lt Gen Sahni to be proactive to ensure effective law and order in Changlang, Tirap and Longding districts, the sources said.
The governor said the welfare initiatives by the army would add significantly towards cultivating a harmonised relationship with the locals.
Underscoring the importance of road communication in the state, Sharma stressed on expediting work on the road projects under the BRO.
Last week the governor had interacted with the chief engineers of all the BRO projects in the state, sources added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan