GOC 3 Corps meets Arunachal Pradesh Governor
Itanagar: General officer commanding of 3 Corps, Lt Gen Arun Kumar Sahni, called on Governor Nirbhay Sharma here to discuss key issues, including security and road communication in the state, official sources said Tuesday.
During the meeting yesterday, the governor, who had toured Changlang and Tirap districts just after being sworn in, advised Lt Gen Sahni to be proactive to ensure effective law and order in Changlang, Tirap and Longding districts, the sources said.
The governor said the welfare initiatives by the army would add significantly towards cultivating a harmonised relationship with the locals.
Underscoring the importance of road communication in the state, Sharma stressed on expediting work on the road projects under the BRO.
Last week the governor had interacted with the chief engineers of all the BRO projects in the state, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!