GOC 3 Corps meets Arunachal Pradesh Governor
Itanagar: General officer commanding of 3 Corps, Lt Gen Arun Kumar Sahni, called on Governor Nirbhay Sharma here to discuss key issues, including security and road communication in the state, official sources said Tuesday.
During the meeting yesterday, the governor, who had toured Changlang and Tirap districts just after being sworn in, advised Lt Gen Sahni to be proactive to ensure effective law and order in Changlang, Tirap and Longding districts, the sources said.
The governor said the welfare initiatives by the army would add significantly towards cultivating a harmonised relationship with the locals.
Underscoring the importance of road communication in the state, Sharma stressed on expediting work on the road projects under the BRO.
Last week the governor had interacted with the chief engineers of all the BRO projects in the state, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note