Gogoi defamation suit against Mahanta, Patowary
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun
Gogoi on Tuesday announced that he would file defamation suites
against former Chief Minister Prafulla Kumar Mahanta and
opposition Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) president Chandra Mohan
Patowary for making "wild allegation" about his alleged
involvement in the multi-crore development fund scam of the
North Cachar Hills Autonomous Council.
"The attention of the chief minister has been drawn
to the allegation of Mahanta and Patowary that he was directly
involved in the scandal", a government release said here.
The chief minister has in the previous occasion
clarified that he was in no way involved in the scandal and
appropriate probe was going on.
"With the AGP leaders repeating their allegation,
Gogoi has decided to approach the court and file defamation
suites against them", it said.
Both Mahanta and Patowary have demanded the
resignation of Gogoi for being allegedly involved in the scam
in the autonomous council district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog