Gogoi directs stepped up security operations in Sonitpur
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun
Gogoi on Thursday directed the Sonitpur district administration to
step up operations to nab the militants involved in the two
blasts in the district which claimed a child`s life and left
38 others injured.
"Mindless incidents of violence will not be tolerated
at any cost and I have given directions to the authorities
concerned to step up security throughout the state," Gogoi
said in a statement.
"Violence cannot solve anything. If the militants want
a redressal of their grievances, they must come forward for
talks as we believe in negotiation in solving problems in
a democratic set-up," he said.
Gogoi further said that he has directed the district
authorities to provide help to those injured in the blasts.
Meanwhile, AGP president Chandra Mohan Patowary
criticised the state government for failing to provide
security to the common people.
"The Congress government in the state has failed on
all fronts, particularly in protecting lives and property
of the common people," Patowary alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead