Gogoi directs stepped up security operations in Sonitpur
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun
Gogoi on Thursday directed the Sonitpur district administration to
step up operations to nab the militants involved in the two
blasts in the district which claimed a child`s life and left
38 others injured.
"Mindless incidents of violence will not be tolerated
at any cost and I have given directions to the authorities
concerned to step up security throughout the state," Gogoi
said in a statement.
"Violence cannot solve anything. If the militants want
a redressal of their grievances, they must come forward for
talks as we believe in negotiation in solving problems in
a democratic set-up," he said.
Gogoi further said that he has directed the district
authorities to provide help to those injured in the blasts.
Meanwhile, AGP president Chandra Mohan Patowary
criticised the state government for failing to provide
security to the common people.
"The Congress government in the state has failed on
all fronts, particularly in protecting lives and property
of the common people," Patowary alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Concerned by amended child labour bill in India: UN
- Pakistan legend Saqlain Mushtaq set for second stint as England spin guru
- Rio 2016: Note perfect Andy Murray ready for more Olympic glory
- Chinese incursion in Uttarakhand clear case of intelligence failure: Defence Expert
- Genelia D'Souza shared this really CUTE picture with son! Picture inside