Gogoi gives approval for prosecution of police officers
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Thursday today ordered prosecution of two senior police officials implicated in the third Assam Police Battallion scandal in
"On the basis of the CBI report the chief minister has given approval to the issue of prosecution against two senior officials," an official release said here.
The two officials are BR Das, IPS and Krishna Das of Assam Police Service.
Other police officials implicated in the case will also be prosecuted, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saudi cop shot dead in Shiite district: Ministry
- Twitter activates Foursquare-powered location feed for iOS users
- Shocking! Three murders within 48 hours in Delhi
- Copa America Final: Time for Messi to end Argentina drought in Copa final?
- Summer Olympics: Boxer Laishram Devendro out of contention for Rio berth