Gogoi gives approval for prosecution of police officers
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Thursday today ordered prosecution of two senior police officials implicated in the third Assam Police Battallion scandal in
"On the basis of the CBI report the chief minister has given approval to the issue of prosecution against two senior officials," an official release said here.
The two officials are BR Das, IPS and Krishna Das of Assam Police Service.
Other police officials implicated in the case will also be prosecuted, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened