Gogoi gives approval for prosecution of police officers
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Thursday today ordered prosecution of two senior police officials implicated in the third Assam Police Battallion scandal in
"On the basis of the CBI report the chief minister has given approval to the issue of prosecution against two senior officials," an official release said here.
The two officials are BR Das, IPS and Krishna Das of Assam Police Service.
Other police officials implicated in the case will also be prosecuted, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16