Gogoi gives approval for prosecution of police officers
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Thursday today ordered prosecution of two senior police officials implicated in the third Assam Police Battallion scandal in
"On the basis of the CBI report the chief minister has given approval to the issue of prosecution against two senior officials," an official release said here.
The two officials are BR Das, IPS and Krishna Das of Assam Police Service.
Other police officials implicated in the case will also be prosecuted, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...