Gogoi invites pro-talk ULFA rebels to enjoy Bihu
Guwahati: On the eve of Bhogali Bihu
celebrations, Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Thursday invited
pro-talk ULFA members to enjoy the harvest festival and add
positivity to the atmosphere for peace talks.
Conveying his Bihu wishes, Gogoi urged them to enjoy
the traditional Assamese delicacies and at the same time
positively contribute to the peace talk environment.
In the backdrop of the government paving the way for
the peace parleys by not opposing bail plea of all top ULFA
leaders before Bhogali Bihu, he said the process would gather
momentum once the festivities are over.
He was hopeful that the festivities will usher in a
new period of peace in the state.
Acknowledging that the prices of essential commodities
had risen a bit too much, Gogoi said that price rise would
never dampen the Bihu spirit of the people and the festive
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH