Gogoi invites pro-talk ULFA rebels to enjoy Bihu
Guwahati: On the eve of Bhogali Bihu
celebrations, Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Thursday invited
pro-talk ULFA members to enjoy the harvest festival and add
positivity to the atmosphere for peace talks.
Conveying his Bihu wishes, Gogoi urged them to enjoy
the traditional Assamese delicacies and at the same time
positively contribute to the peace talk environment.
In the backdrop of the government paving the way for
the peace parleys by not opposing bail plea of all top ULFA
leaders before Bhogali Bihu, he said the process would gather
momentum once the festivities are over.
He was hopeful that the festivities will usher in a
new period of peace in the state.
Acknowledging that the prices of essential commodities
had risen a bit too much, Gogoi said that price rise would
never dampen the Bihu spirit of the people and the festive
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!