Gogoi invites pro-talk ULFA rebels to enjoy Bihu
Guwahati: On the eve of Bhogali Bihu
celebrations, Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Thursday invited
pro-talk ULFA members to enjoy the harvest festival and add
positivity to the atmosphere for peace talks.
Conveying his Bihu wishes, Gogoi urged them to enjoy
the traditional Assamese delicacies and at the same time
positively contribute to the peace talk environment.
In the backdrop of the government paving the way for
the peace parleys by not opposing bail plea of all top ULFA
leaders before Bhogali Bihu, he said the process would gather
momentum once the festivities are over.
He was hopeful that the festivities will usher in a
new period of peace in the state.
Acknowledging that the prices of essential commodities
had risen a bit too much, Gogoi said that price rise would
never dampen the Bihu spirit of the people and the festive
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!