Gogoi urges NRIs to create positive impact on NE economy
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun
Gogoi on Tuesday urged NRIs to capitalise on the huge resources
of the region and create a positive impact on its economy.
Inaugurating the First `North East India International
Meet 2010` here, the Chief Minister pointed out that the North
East has been endowed with immense human and mineral resources
and these must be harnessed scientifically for sustainable
economic development of the region.
"In spite of insurgency, the North East is moving
ahead, thanks to a change in the mindset of the people and a
changed perception of the region both within and outside the
country", Gogoi pointed out.
If a state or region has to develop, road, air and
water connectivity will have to be augmented, which will help
open the frontiers to trade and commerce and bring in
investments in a big way, the Chief Minister said.
He urged NRIs to contribute their mite towards the
development of the region and create an impact on the region`s
economy by putting in their money and expertise.
Gogoi, in this regard, cautioned that in the quest for
development, one must not forget about striking a balance with
ecology "on which our very existence hinges".
The meet has been jointly organised by the government
of Assam and a voluntary organisation Friends` of Assam and
Seven Sisters (FASS).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended