Government doctor killed in Assam
Guwahati: A body of a government doctor,
with several injury marks, was recovered from the world-famed
wetland `Deepor Beel` here on Saturday, police said.
The body of Dr Aamir Hussain, who was missing since
last night, was found in the wetland by local residents this
morning who informed the police.
According to preliminary reports, Hussain was
strangled to death, his ear chopped off and there were several
injury marks on his body.
Hussain went missing from a pharmacy in Hatigaon area,
where he practised in the evening, after he went out with
three unidentified persons.
30-year old Hussain was a doctor at the Gagen Chandra
Bora Health Centre at Kukurmara area in Kamrup (Rural)
The wetland is listed as a Ramsar site for its
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends