Government doctor killed in Assam
Guwahati: A body of a government doctor,
with several injury marks, was recovered from the world-famed
wetland `Deepor Beel` here on Saturday, police said.
The body of Dr Aamir Hussain, who was missing since
last night, was found in the wetland by local residents this
morning who informed the police.
According to preliminary reports, Hussain was
strangled to death, his ear chopped off and there were several
injury marks on his body.
Hussain went missing from a pharmacy in Hatigaon area,
where he practised in the evening, after he went out with
three unidentified persons.
30-year old Hussain was a doctor at the Gagen Chandra
Bora Health Centre at Kukurmara area in Kamrup (Rural)
The wetland is listed as a Ramsar site for its
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan