Government doctor killed in Assam
Guwahati: A body of a government doctor,
with several injury marks, was recovered from the world-famed
wetland `Deepor Beel` here on Saturday, police said.
The body of Dr Aamir Hussain, who was missing since
last night, was found in the wetland by local residents this
morning who informed the police.
According to preliminary reports, Hussain was
strangled to death, his ear chopped off and there were several
injury marks on his body.
Hussain went missing from a pharmacy in Hatigaon area,
where he practised in the evening, after he went out with
three unidentified persons.
30-year old Hussain was a doctor at the Gagen Chandra
Bora Health Centre at Kukurmara area in Kamrup (Rural)
The wetland is listed as a Ramsar site for its
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP