Government doctor killed in Assam
Guwahati: A body of a government doctor,
with several injury marks, was recovered from the world-famed
wetland `Deepor Beel` here on Saturday, police said.
The body of Dr Aamir Hussain, who was missing since
last night, was found in the wetland by local residents this
morning who informed the police.
According to preliminary reports, Hussain was
strangled to death, his ear chopped off and there were several
injury marks on his body.
Hussain went missing from a pharmacy in Hatigaon area,
where he practised in the evening, after he went out with
three unidentified persons.
30-year old Hussain was a doctor at the Gagen Chandra
Bora Health Centre at Kukurmara area in Kamrup (Rural)
The wetland is listed as a Ramsar site for its
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'