Governor hails peaceful environment in Sikkim
Gangtok: Sikkim Governor BP Singh today hailed the peaceful environment in Sikkim and appealed to the people to maintain law and order for all round socio-economic
development being undertaken by the Pawan Kumar Chamling government.
"The peaceful environment and a low crime rate has made the state an oasis of peace and tranquility ... The people of Sikkim should work together to maintain harmony in the society for economic development in the state," he said after unfurling the national tricolour on the 61st Republic Day here.
The preservation and sustainable utilisation of its rich natural resources will form the core of the economic development agenda of the Chamling government, which is in its
fourth consecutive term.
"Our emphasis is on eco-friendly development in all aspects to build a nature-based economy," the Governor said.
The state government has launched the Chief Minister`s free scholarship and a comprehensive educational loan schemes to encourage the students to pursue education in the best of academic institutions in the country and abroad.
The Sikkim University has been conducting various educational programmes in higher education to help generate a pool of quality man power, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley