Governor Vakkom B Purushothaman leaves Mizoram
Aizawl: Mizoram Governor Vakkom B Purushothaman today left the state after a hurriedly organised farewell at the Lengpui airport near here.
The farewell was attended by Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla, two of his cabinet colleagues and top officials. Raj Bhavan sources here said he would first go to Chennai for medical check-up and then go to his home state Kerala.
The farewell had to be organised in a hurry as the governor`s visit to Chennai was planned earlier, before his new appointment to Nagaland with additional charge of Tripura was announced, protocol department officials said.
They said because of lack of time it could not be held at the Raj Bhavan where Purushothaman was sworn-in as the Mizoram Governor on September 2, 2011.
The new Governor Dr Kamla Beniwal would be sworn-in at the Raj Bhavan here at this evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?