Governor Vakkom B Purushothaman leaves Mizoram
Aizawl: Mizoram Governor Vakkom B Purushothaman today left the state after a hurriedly organised farewell at the Lengpui airport near here.
The farewell was attended by Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla, two of his cabinet colleagues and top officials. Raj Bhavan sources here said he would first go to Chennai for medical check-up and then go to his home state Kerala.
The farewell had to be organised in a hurry as the governor`s visit to Chennai was planned earlier, before his new appointment to Nagaland with additional charge of Tripura was announced, protocol department officials said.
They said because of lack of time it could not be held at the Raj Bhavan where Purushothaman was sworn-in as the Mizoram Governor on September 2, 2011.
The new Governor Dr Kamla Beniwal would be sworn-in at the Raj Bhavan here at this evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her