Governor`s speech disrupted in Assam assembly
Guwahati: Assam assembly on Tuesday witnessed
uproar with the opposition led by the Asom Gana Parishad (AGP)
disrupting the governor`s speech on the opening day of the
Minutes after Governor Janaki Ballav Patnaik began his
address, opposition members led by former Chief Minister,
Prafulla Kumar Mahanta and AGP President Chandra Mohan
Patowary disrupted his speech.
They rushed to the well raising slogans and displaying
placards against the alleged corruption in the Tarun Gogoi-led
Demanding the resignation of Gogoi, the opposition
members urged the speaker to adjourn the rest of the day`s
proceedings to discuss corruption, price rise as well as law
and order issues in the state.
As Speaker Tanka Bahadur Rai announced that the
governor`s speech was taken as `read`, opposition legislators
accused him of being party to the government and protecting
the chief minister.
Even as the speaker went on with the proceedings of
the house, the opposition continued to protest from the well.
Nothing could be heard in the din as both the opposition and
treasury bench exchanged loud slogans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy