Governor`s speech disrupted in Assam assembly
Guwahati: Assam assembly on Tuesday witnessed
uproar with the opposition led by the Asom Gana Parishad (AGP)
disrupting the governor`s speech on the opening day of the
Minutes after Governor Janaki Ballav Patnaik began his
address, opposition members led by former Chief Minister,
Prafulla Kumar Mahanta and AGP President Chandra Mohan
Patowary disrupted his speech.
They rushed to the well raising slogans and displaying
placards against the alleged corruption in the Tarun Gogoi-led
Demanding the resignation of Gogoi, the opposition
members urged the speaker to adjourn the rest of the day`s
proceedings to discuss corruption, price rise as well as law
and order issues in the state.
As Speaker Tanka Bahadur Rai announced that the
governor`s speech was taken as `read`, opposition legislators
accused him of being party to the government and protecting
the chief minister.
Even as the speaker went on with the proceedings of
the house, the opposition continued to protest from the well.
Nothing could be heard in the din as both the opposition and
treasury bench exchanged loud slogans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery