Govt approves Rs 492 cr for road projects in NE region
New Delhi: The government Friday said it has
sanctioned about Rs 492.36 crore for road projects in the
current financial year to strengthen infrastructure in
militancy-hit northeastern states.
These projects were sanctioned for the states of Assam,
Mizoram, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur,
Sikkim and Tripura.
"We are committed towards improving roads and
communications in the entire North East region which has
suffered because of poor infrastructure. This is a priority
for us," Union Minister for Development of North Eastern
Region (DoNER) B K Handique said.
Handique also asked the eight state governments to
fast-track sanctioned projects for the benefit of people.
Out of the sanctioned Rs 492.36 crore, Rs 69.92 crore has
been "approved from the non lapsable central pool of resources
(NLCPR) Fund for road development work in four districts of
Arunachal Pradesh," an official statement said.
The four districts are Changlang, West Kameng, East Siang
and West Siang.
The ministry has also given in-principle approval for Rs
48.50 crore fund to build additional roads in the state.
The DoNER Ministry has sanctioned a total of Rs 196.7 crore
for development of roads in Arunachal Pradesh during the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh