Govt approves Rs 492 cr for road projects in NE region
New Delhi: The government Friday said it has
sanctioned about Rs 492.36 crore for road projects in the
current financial year to strengthen infrastructure in
militancy-hit northeastern states.
These projects were sanctioned for the states of Assam,
Mizoram, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur,
Sikkim and Tripura.
"We are committed towards improving roads and
communications in the entire North East region which has
suffered because of poor infrastructure. This is a priority
for us," Union Minister for Development of North Eastern
Region (DoNER) B K Handique said.
Handique also asked the eight state governments to
fast-track sanctioned projects for the benefit of people.
Out of the sanctioned Rs 492.36 crore, Rs 69.92 crore has
been "approved from the non lapsable central pool of resources
(NLCPR) Fund for road development work in four districts of
Arunachal Pradesh," an official statement said.
The four districts are Changlang, West Kameng, East Siang
and West Siang.
The ministry has also given in-principle approval for Rs
48.50 crore fund to build additional roads in the state.
The DoNER Ministry has sanctioned a total of Rs 196.7 crore
for development of roads in Arunachal Pradesh during the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Sushant Singh Rajput shares third poster of ‘M.S.Dhoni- The Untold Story’
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside