Govt approves Rs 492 cr for road projects in NE region
New Delhi: The government Friday said it has
sanctioned about Rs 492.36 crore for road projects in the
current financial year to strengthen infrastructure in
militancy-hit northeastern states.
These projects were sanctioned for the states of Assam,
Mizoram, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur,
Sikkim and Tripura.
"We are committed towards improving roads and
communications in the entire North East region which has
suffered because of poor infrastructure. This is a priority
for us," Union Minister for Development of North Eastern
Region (DoNER) B K Handique said.
Handique also asked the eight state governments to
fast-track sanctioned projects for the benefit of people.
Out of the sanctioned Rs 492.36 crore, Rs 69.92 crore has
been "approved from the non lapsable central pool of resources
(NLCPR) Fund for road development work in four districts of
Arunachal Pradesh," an official statement said.
The four districts are Changlang, West Kameng, East Siang
and West Siang.
The ministry has also given in-principle approval for Rs
48.50 crore fund to build additional roads in the state.
The DoNER Ministry has sanctioned a total of Rs 196.7 crore
for development of roads in Arunachal Pradesh during the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow