Govt approves transfer of defence land for University
New Delhi: In a step forward in establishing the permanent campus of Bihar Central University in Gaya, government Tuesday approved transfer of 300 acres of defence land to the Human Resources Development Ministry for the purpose.
The Union Cabinet today gave its go ahead to transfer the land - part of an abandoned airfield at Panchanpur in Gaya - to the HRD ministry to set up the campus infrastructure.
"The transfer will fulfil the requirement of land for the development of the Central University in Bihar, which will serve the national cause for quality higher education, research and training in unserved and under-served areas," an official statement said here.
The Central University of Bihar is among the 16 newly- established central universities by the central government under the Central Universities Act.
The University is presently located at the premises of Birla Institute of Technology in Patna.
Keeping in view of the permanent location of the University at Gaya, the university authorities have decided to launch new academic programmes after moving to the new campus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what