Govt approves transfer of defence land for University
New Delhi: In a step forward in establishing the permanent campus of Bihar Central University in Gaya, government Tuesday approved transfer of 300 acres of defence land to the Human Resources Development Ministry for the purpose.
The Union Cabinet today gave its go ahead to transfer the land - part of an abandoned airfield at Panchanpur in Gaya - to the HRD ministry to set up the campus infrastructure.
"The transfer will fulfil the requirement of land for the development of the Central University in Bihar, which will serve the national cause for quality higher education, research and training in unserved and under-served areas," an official statement said here.
The Central University of Bihar is among the 16 newly- established central universities by the central government under the Central Universities Act.
The University is presently located at the premises of Birla Institute of Technology in Patna.
Keeping in view of the permanent location of the University at Gaya, the university authorities have decided to launch new academic programmes after moving to the new campus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi