Govt approves transfer of defence land for University
New Delhi: In a step forward in establishing the permanent campus of Bihar Central University in Gaya, government Tuesday approved transfer of 300 acres of defence land to the Human Resources Development Ministry for the purpose.
The Union Cabinet today gave its go ahead to transfer the land - part of an abandoned airfield at Panchanpur in Gaya - to the HRD ministry to set up the campus infrastructure.
"The transfer will fulfil the requirement of land for the development of the Central University in Bihar, which will serve the national cause for quality higher education, research and training in unserved and under-served areas," an official statement said here.
The Central University of Bihar is among the 16 newly- established central universities by the central government under the Central Universities Act.
The University is presently located at the premises of Birla Institute of Technology in Patna.
Keeping in view of the permanent location of the University at Gaya, the university authorities have decided to launch new academic programmes after moving to the new campus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY