Govt college teachers don`t attend classes in Mizoram
Aizawl: Government College teachers in
Mizoram for the second day on Friday refused to attend classes to
protest the state government`s `apathy` towards implementation
of the UGC norms of pay enhancement.
College teachers under the umbrella of the Mizoram
College Teachers Association (MCTA) refused to attend the
classes and also declared for a `go slow` agitation in
evaluation of marks for the university examinations as part of
The MCTA leaders said that they would take the classes
only after their pay slips were issued by the state Accounts
and Treasuries department as already decided by the meeting of
the council of ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31