Govt, NSCN-IM sincere in resolving Naga issue: Muivah
Dimapur: Both Centre and NSCN-IM were
sincere towards finding a negotiated settlement of the vexed
Naga problem, the group`s general secretary Th Muivah said
Muivah, who arrived at Dimapur to hold consultations
with various Naga groups, said "Time and again we have
clarified our position based on historical rights of the Nagas
to the government of India and from our side no stone will be
left unturned to find an honourable settlement to the
decades-old Naga political conflict."
Muivah arrived in New Delhi on February 27 from
Amsterdam and held a series of parleys with Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh, Union Home Minister P Chidambaram and Centre`s
new interlocutor R S Pandey during the past fortnight.
He said both Singh and Chidambaram were found to be
sincere and interested to resolve the Naga problem.
Muivah would consult with Naga civil society groups,
tribal councils, NGOs, church leaders during his stay at Camp
Hebron, the NSCN-IM headquarters about 35 km south of this
financial capital of Nagaland.
During his meeting with the central representatives he
was also accompanied by senior members of the group, which
signed a ceasefire with the Centre in 1997.
The Centre had already rejected NSCN-IM`s demand of
sovereignty and integration of all Naga-inhabited areas of the
region to a single administrative set up, but said it was
ready to offer the maximum possible autonomy to the Nagas even
by amending the constitution, if required, to find a permanent
solution to the vexed problem.
In Nagaland, state government, political parties,
civil society groups, tribal councils have pitched for
inclusion of all Naga underground groups in the peace process
explaining no single group has the mandate of the Naga people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read