Grant of PRC opposed in Arunachal
Itanagar: The issue of granting permanent residential certificate (PRC) to non-Arunachalees has been opposed by several student organizations.
The All Arunachal Pradesh Students Union which will hold a protest rally here tomorrow, has expressed fear that grant of PRC to non-Arunachalees would pave the way for demand for Arunachal Pradesh State Tribal Status (APST).
The PRC would not entitle non-Arunachalees to APST, but to avail education and job opportunities outside the state, Power Minister Jarbom Gamlim, who is the government
spokesman said recently.
Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu has decided to convene an all-party meeting with representatives from student organizations on September 30 on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital