Grant of PRC opposed in Arunachal
Itanagar: The issue of granting permanent residential certificate (PRC) to non-Arunachalees has been opposed by several student organizations.
The All Arunachal Pradesh Students Union which will hold a protest rally here tomorrow, has expressed fear that grant of PRC to non-Arunachalees would pave the way for demand for Arunachal Pradesh State Tribal Status (APST).
The PRC would not entitle non-Arunachalees to APST, but to avail education and job opportunities outside the state, Power Minister Jarbom Gamlim, who is the government
spokesman said recently.
Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu has decided to convene an all-party meeting with representatives from student organizations on September 30 on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Banned Pakistan spin-bowler Danish Kaneria returns home from India
- Seven companies in race to manage EPFO's equity investments in FY17
- BCCI Conclave: DDCA Joint Secretary Vivek Gupta snubbed as he went uninvited!
- Arjun Kapoor's early birthday celebrations on the sets of 'Half Girlfriend'! Pic inside
- Top 10 stocks to be on radar post Brexit