Green Mizoram Day observed
Aizawl: Green Mizoram Day was observed across the state Wednesday.
The Day was inaugurated by the state Environment and Forests Minister Lalrinmawia Ralte by planting a tree sapling at the Central Agriculture University Auditorium inside the College of Veterinary Sciences in Selesih village near Aizawl this morning.
Ralte, who is also the co-chairman of the State Level Committee on Green Mizoram said that planting and conservation of trees and Bamboos are not only for making the state a better place but also for survival of the future generation.
Officials said that more than 2.6 lakh saplings have been planted in different places during the Green Mizoram Days and the survival rate was not bad.
Mizoram started observing Green day during an appointed day in June since 1999.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- No ''tech traces'' of American University attack found: Pakistan to Afghanistan
- Intex unveils Cloud Tread smartphone for multi-taskers at Rs 4,999
- India vs West Indies, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, venue, TV listing, live streaming
- Need to change laws, speed up processes to transform India: PM Narendra Modi
- Maharashtra's internal security law a 'jolt to democracy', says Shiv Sena