Green Mizoram Day observed
Aizawl: Green Mizoram Day was observed across the state Wednesday.
The Day was inaugurated by the state Environment and Forests Minister Lalrinmawia Ralte by planting a tree sapling at the Central Agriculture University Auditorium inside the College of Veterinary Sciences in Selesih village near Aizawl this morning.
Ralte, who is also the co-chairman of the State Level Committee on Green Mizoram said that planting and conservation of trees and Bamboos are not only for making the state a better place but also for survival of the future generation.
Officials said that more than 2.6 lakh saplings have been planted in different places during the Green Mizoram Days and the survival rate was not bad.
Mizoram started observing Green day during an appointed day in June since 1999.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan