Green Mizoram Day observed
Aizawl: Green Mizoram Day was observed across the state Wednesday.
The Day was inaugurated by the state Environment and Forests Minister Lalrinmawia Ralte by planting a tree sapling at the Central Agriculture University Auditorium inside the College of Veterinary Sciences in Selesih village near Aizawl this morning.
Ralte, who is also the co-chairman of the State Level Committee on Green Mizoram said that planting and conservation of trees and Bamboos are not only for making the state a better place but also for survival of the future generation.
Officials said that more than 2.6 lakh saplings have been planted in different places during the Green Mizoram Days and the survival rate was not bad.
Mizoram started observing Green day during an appointed day in June since 1999.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence