Grenade attack at AGP candidate’s home
Jorhat (Assam): A hand-grenade exploded
early Saturday morning at the residence of opposition Asom Gana
Parishad (AGP) candidate Dulen Nayak at Moriani in Upper
Assam`s Jorhat district, the police said.
Though the house was damaged in the blast no one has
been injured in the explosion that occurred at about 4.10 am.
Nayak said he heard a loud sound and found his window
panes broken and the roof of the sitting-room damaged by the
Police sources said unidentified miscreants hurled the
grenade at Nayak`s house near Kathalguri tea estate.
Investigations were on to know the culprits and their
The AGP contestant accused the ruling Congress of
being responsible for the explosion but the Congress denied
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh