Grenade attack at AGP candidate’s home
Jorhat (Assam): A hand-grenade exploded
early Saturday morning at the residence of opposition Asom Gana
Parishad (AGP) candidate Dulen Nayak at Moriani in Upper
Assam`s Jorhat district, the police said.
Though the house was damaged in the blast no one has
been injured in the explosion that occurred at about 4.10 am.
Nayak said he heard a loud sound and found his window
panes broken and the roof of the sitting-room damaged by the
Police sources said unidentified miscreants hurled the
grenade at Nayak`s house near Kathalguri tea estate.
Investigations were on to know the culprits and their
The AGP contestant accused the ruling Congress of
being responsible for the explosion but the Congress denied
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets