Grenade attack on police station in Meghalaya
Shillong: Suspected Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) rebels lobbed a grenade at a police station in western part of Meghalaya late Sunday night but there were no casualties, police said.
The rebels tossed the grenade at Williamnagar police station in the district headquarter of East Garo Hills, a police official said. The incident took place at 11.30 p.m.
"There were no casualties," the police official said.
Meanwhile, police have launched a manhunt to nab the attackers. The GNLA, headed by rogue police officer-turned rebel R. Sangma, has unleashed a reign of terror in the three impoverished districts of Garo Hills in western Meghalaya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt@2: Have an enormous task ahead, says PM
- Hindu majority needed to save democracy in India, Uniform Civil Code important: Subramanian Swamy
- Good news for wait-listed passengers! Now upgrade to Air India if train ticket not confirmed
- North Korea's Kim Jong-Un turns into a matchmaker for his sister, set to host dating contest
- Super-hot! Sussanne Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue