Grenade explodes at the house of govt employee
Imphal: Unidentified militants exploded a powerful grenade at the house of a government employee in Imphal West district of Manipur but no casualty was reported, police said on Friday.
Sources said the militants who came in a car hurled the grenade at the house of one Mutum Manitomba (50), a driver in state veterinary department, at Lamsang Lamdeng Khunou area under Lamsang police station at around 9 pm last night.
A car and two wheeler, parked in front of house, were destroyed in the grenade explosion, sources said adding that his wife was a teacher at a nearby high school.
Sources said Manitomba`s neighbour was a councillor of Lamsang (their village) Nagar Panchayat, and that police would investigate whether the militants exploded grenade to press their monetary demand from Manitomba or his neighbour or there were other issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Twinkle Khanna slams Naseeruddin Shah online! - Know why
- Singapore-based company develops robot therapist to help relieve muscle strains
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh chairs high-level meeting in Kashmir
- India, Bangladesh border forces discuss issues in Tripura
- Four hospitals hit by air raids in Syria's Aleppo: Doctors