Grenade explodes at the house of govt employee
Imphal: Unidentified militants exploded a powerful grenade at the house of a government employee in Imphal West district of Manipur but no casualty was reported, police said on Friday.
Sources said the militants who came in a car hurled the grenade at the house of one Mutum Manitomba (50), a driver in state veterinary department, at Lamsang Lamdeng Khunou area under Lamsang police station at around 9 pm last night.
A car and two wheeler, parked in front of house, were destroyed in the grenade explosion, sources said adding that his wife was a teacher at a nearby high school.
Sources said Manitomba`s neighbour was a councillor of Lamsang (their village) Nagar Panchayat, and that police would investigate whether the militants exploded grenade to press their monetary demand from Manitomba or his neighbour or there were other issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!