Grenade explodes at the house of govt employee
Imphal: Unidentified militants exploded a powerful grenade at the house of a government employee in Imphal West district of Manipur but no casualty was reported, police said on Friday.
Sources said the militants who came in a car hurled the grenade at the house of one Mutum Manitomba (50), a driver in state veterinary department, at Lamsang Lamdeng Khunou area under Lamsang police station at around 9 pm last night.
A car and two wheeler, parked in front of house, were destroyed in the grenade explosion, sources said adding that his wife was a teacher at a nearby high school.
Sources said Manitomba`s neighbour was a councillor of Lamsang (their village) Nagar Panchayat, and that police would investigate whether the militants exploded grenade to press their monetary demand from Manitomba or his neighbour or there were other issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Yuvraj Singh trolls R Ashwin for photobombing his picture with Virat Kohli – See pic!