Grenade explodes at the house of govt employee
Imphal: Unidentified militants exploded a powerful grenade at the house of a government employee in Imphal West district of Manipur but no casualty was reported, police said on Friday.
Sources said the militants who came in a car hurled the grenade at the house of one Mutum Manitomba (50), a driver in state veterinary department, at Lamsang Lamdeng Khunou area under Lamsang police station at around 9 pm last night.
A car and two wheeler, parked in front of house, were destroyed in the grenade explosion, sources said adding that his wife was a teacher at a nearby high school.
Sources said Manitomba`s neighbour was a councillor of Lamsang (their village) Nagar Panchayat, and that police would investigate whether the militants exploded grenade to press their monetary demand from Manitomba or his neighbour or there were other issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees