Grenade explodes at the house of govt employee
Imphal: Unidentified militants exploded a powerful grenade at the house of a government employee in Imphal West district of Manipur but no casualty was reported, police said on Friday.
Sources said the militants who came in a car hurled the grenade at the house of one Mutum Manitomba (50), a driver in state veterinary department, at Lamsang Lamdeng Khunou area under Lamsang police station at around 9 pm last night.
A car and two wheeler, parked in front of house, were destroyed in the grenade explosion, sources said adding that his wife was a teacher at a nearby high school.
Sources said Manitomba`s neighbour was a councillor of Lamsang (their village) Nagar Panchayat, and that police would investigate whether the militants exploded grenade to press their monetary demand from Manitomba or his neighbour or there were other issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends