Grenade found in Manipur Secretariat complex
Imphal: A powerful grenade suspected to have been thrown by militants was today found in the compound of the heavily guarded Manipur secretariat, official sources said.
The grenade was found in the VIP vehicle parking area in south block complex and was immediately removed by bomb experts, they said.
Superintendent of Police (Imphal West) whose office is adjacent to the secretariat rushed to the spot.
Suspected militants might have hurled the grenade from the road in front of the secretariat which was being investigated, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert