Grenade found in Manipur Secretariat complex
Imphal: A powerful grenade suspected to have been thrown by militants was today found in the compound of the heavily guarded Manipur secretariat, official sources said.
The grenade was found in the VIP vehicle parking area in south block complex and was immediately removed by bomb experts, they said.
Superintendent of Police (Imphal West) whose office is adjacent to the secretariat rushed to the spot.
Suspected militants might have hurled the grenade from the road in front of the secretariat which was being investigated, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Brazil police say IOC's Patrick Hickey discussed illegal ticket sales
- TCS settles Orange County lawsuit for $26 mn; shares down
- Turkish military, US-led coalition launch major operation in northern Syria - officials
- US condemns North Korea missile test-fire, calls it 'provocation'
- Naxal killed in encounter in Chhattisgarh's Sukma