Grenade found in Manipur Secretariat complex
Imphal: A powerful grenade suspected to have been thrown by militants was today found in the compound of the heavily guarded Manipur secretariat, official sources said.
The grenade was found in the VIP vehicle parking area in south block complex and was immediately removed by bomb experts, they said.
Superintendent of Police (Imphal West) whose office is adjacent to the secretariat rushed to the spot.
Suspected militants might have hurled the grenade from the road in front of the secretariat which was being investigated, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...