Grenade found in Manipur Secretariat complex
Imphal: A powerful grenade suspected to have been thrown by militants was today found in the compound of the heavily guarded Manipur secretariat, official sources said.
The grenade was found in the VIP vehicle parking area in south block complex and was immediately removed by bomb experts, they said.
Superintendent of Police (Imphal West) whose office is adjacent to the secretariat rushed to the spot.
Suspected militants might have hurled the grenade from the road in front of the secretariat which was being investigated, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Three Taliban commanders arrested in Afghanistan's Samangan province
- Kamal Haasan still under medical care in hospital
- Kashmir unrest: Policeman injured in Burhan Wani protest dies, death toll rises to 46
- PNB Housing Finance readies Rs 2,500-crore IPO, heads to tier 2, 3 cities
- Guess which state has max urban net subscribers; Maha, Delhi tied in 2nd spot