Grenade hurled at residence of Manipur MP
Imphal: Unidentified militants hurled a grenade at the house of a Parliamentarian from Manipur in Imphal West district but it failed to explode, official sources said on Saturday.
The grenade, wrapped in a polythene bag, was on Friday found in the courtyard of the house of Congress MP Th Meinya at Moidangpok area.
Family members of Meinya contacted the Patsoi police station whose personnel along with bomb experts defused the grenade, they said, adding that no individual or group has claimed responsibility.
Meinya was not present at the time of the incident. He arrived home later in the afternoon on Friday from New Delhi, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!