Grenade hurled at residence of Manipur MP
Imphal: Unidentified militants hurled a grenade at the house of a Parliamentarian from Manipur in Imphal West district but it failed to explode, official sources said on Saturday.
The grenade, wrapped in a polythene bag, was on Friday found in the courtyard of the house of Congress MP Th Meinya at Moidangpok area.
Family members of Meinya contacted the Patsoi police station whose personnel along with bomb experts defused the grenade, they said, adding that no individual or group has claimed responsibility.
Meinya was not present at the time of the incident. He arrived home later in the afternoon on Friday from New Delhi, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Pokemon GO launched in Japan; India's wait to be over soon?
- Navjot Singh Sidhu will not be AAP's CM candidate in Punjab, say top leaders
- India to test sub-scale demonstrator scramjet engine in 2016
- PSBs capital needs significantly higher than budgeted: Moody's
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar's daughter in trauma after BSP workers abuse her