Grenade hurled at residence of Manipur MP
Imphal: Unidentified militants hurled a grenade at the house of a Parliamentarian from Manipur in Imphal West district but it failed to explode, official sources said on Saturday.
The grenade, wrapped in a polythene bag, was on Friday found in the courtyard of the house of Congress MP Th Meinya at Moidangpok area.
Family members of Meinya contacted the Patsoi police station whose personnel along with bomb experts defused the grenade, they said, adding that no individual or group has claimed responsibility.
Meinya was not present at the time of the incident. He arrived home later in the afternoon on Friday from New Delhi, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- WATCH: Lionel Messi crying after Argentina's 2-4 loss against Chile in Copa America final
- Hillary Clinton takes a dig at Donald Trump over Brexit
- India's relaxation of foreign investment rules credit positive: Moody's
- Orphaned Goodfellow's tree kangaroo raised through cross-fostering all set to be sent to Singapore!
- Shock waves across Chennai as another person hacked to death in Nandanam area