GSU threaten to launch agitation
Itanagar: The Galo Students` Union (GSU) Friday demanded the state government fulfil its demands in connection with Goto Yudik murder case before February 10 otherwise it would launch agitation, GSU sources said.
Yudik, a student leader, died on January 10 at Aalo following skirmish between two groups.
The GSU in a meeting yesterday decided to continue its stir if the state government failed to meet its demands within the given time period, the sources said.
Their demands included immediate dropping of Parliamentary Secretary (Home) from his post for his alleged failure to discharge his power, immediate transfer of the Deputy Commissioner, the Superintendent of Police and the Town Magistrate of West Siang district.
It also demanded a speedy investigation and submission of chargesheet against the culprits at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader