GSU threaten to launch agitation
Itanagar: The Galo Students` Union (GSU) Friday demanded the state government fulfil its demands in connection with Goto Yudik murder case before February 10 otherwise it would launch agitation, GSU sources said.
Yudik, a student leader, died on January 10 at Aalo following skirmish between two groups.
The GSU in a meeting yesterday decided to continue its stir if the state government failed to meet its demands within the given time period, the sources said.
Their demands included immediate dropping of Parliamentary Secretary (Home) from his post for his alleged failure to discharge his power, immediate transfer of the Deputy Commissioner, the Superintendent of Police and the Town Magistrate of West Siang district.
It also demanded a speedy investigation and submission of chargesheet against the culprits at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read