GSU threaten to launch agitation
Itanagar: The Galo Students` Union (GSU) Friday demanded the state government fulfil its demands in connection with Goto Yudik murder case before February 10 otherwise it would launch agitation, GSU sources said.
Yudik, a student leader, died on January 10 at Aalo following skirmish between two groups.
The GSU in a meeting yesterday decided to continue its stir if the state government failed to meet its demands within the given time period, the sources said.
Their demands included immediate dropping of Parliamentary Secretary (Home) from his post for his alleged failure to discharge his power, immediate transfer of the Deputy Commissioner, the Superintendent of Police and the Town Magistrate of West Siang district.
It also demanded a speedy investigation and submission of chargesheet against the culprits at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands