Gunfight between militant factions in Indo-Myanmar border
Imphal: A suspected militant of National Socialist Council of Nagaland, Isac Muivah faction (NSCN-IM), was killed during a fierce gunfight with a rival group in Ukhrul district of Manipur bordering Myanmar.
According to reports from the district, a large number of suspected NSCN-IM cadre attacked the community hall of Wangli village where some members of the rival group were taking rest yesterday.
In the ensuing gunfight that lasted several hours, a Naga militant was killed while two injured members of the rival group were taken away to an unknown place by the suspected NSCN-IM militants, the reports said.
Both the groups escaped to nearby thick jungles after the encounter.
Police sources at Kasom Khullen sub-division under which Wangli, about 112 km from here, falls said they would investigate whether the militants had infiltrated from Myanmar recently or not.
They said militants of several parties were actively operating at the Indo-Myanmar border areas of Ukhrul and Chandel districts in Manipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi