Gunfight between militant factions in Indo-Myanmar border
Imphal: A suspected militant of National Socialist Council of Nagaland, Isac Muivah faction (NSCN-IM), was killed during a fierce gunfight with a rival group in Ukhrul district of Manipur bordering Myanmar.
According to reports from the district, a large number of suspected NSCN-IM cadre attacked the community hall of Wangli village where some members of the rival group were taking rest yesterday.
In the ensuing gunfight that lasted several hours, a Naga militant was killed while two injured members of the rival group were taken away to an unknown place by the suspected NSCN-IM militants, the reports said.
Both the groups escaped to nearby thick jungles after the encounter.
Police sources at Kasom Khullen sub-division under which Wangli, about 112 km from here, falls said they would investigate whether the militants had infiltrated from Myanmar recently or not.
They said militants of several parties were actively operating at the Indo-Myanmar border areas of Ukhrul and Chandel districts in Manipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Trupti Desai writes letter to Mohan Bhagwat, demands equal representation of women in RSS
- Panama Papers' database to go public on May 9
- Buddhadeb, Rahul share stage, call for saving West Bengal from TMC
- Must Read! Narayana Murthy's heartfelt letter to his daughter will make you miss your dad
- PM Modi meets Sushma Swaraj at AIIMS today