Gunmen open fire at journalist`s house in Manipur
Imphal: Unidentified gunmen opened fire at the house of a journalist, who was allegedly beaten up by the personnel of India Reserve Battalion recently, in Imphal West district of Manipur, police said on Monday.
Some persons came in a car and opened fire at the house of Paojel Chaoba alias Aribam Dhananjoy Sharma late last night. Nobody was injured in the attack, the police said.
It was not known who opened fire at the house of Chaoba.
Chaoba was beaten up by personnel of India Reserve Battalion when he was returning home after duty on February 10. Chaoba is a senior reporter of popular English daily, Imphal Free Press.
Havildar of 1st IRB identified as Majibur Rahaman who was involved in the February 10 incident has been suspended and an enquiry ordered.
Chaoba and All Manipur Working Journalists` Union have lodged an FIR with the police.
Various organisations including Indian Journalist Union and other Journalists bodies have condemned the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon