Gurung says he will declare Gorkhaland if talks fail
Siliguri: Gorkha Janamukti Morcha president
Bimal Gurung on Wednesday said they expected their demand for
statehood will be granted soon.
"We have already attended three rounds of talks and in
the fourth round we are expecting that our one-point demand
for statehood will be granted," he told a rally at Darjeeling
on the occasion of second foundation day of GJM.
GJM, he said, had been conducting the movement for a
separate Gorkhaland in a non violent way and would stick to it
"till the last".
The fourth round of talks between GJM, West Bengal
government and the Centre is scheduled to be held in
GJM general secretary Roshan Giri told PTI Gorkha Land
Personnel (GJM`s security wing) held a march past and Gurung
took the salute before the foundation day programme which was
attended by about 100 gorkha representatives from across the
Noted Nepali writer Indra Bahadur Rai was felicitated by
Gurung at a cultural programme at Gorkha Rangmanch Bhavan on
The Bengali and Nepali editions of Rai`s book `Why
Gorkhaland` was also inaugurated at the programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender