Gurung says he will declare Gorkhaland if talks fail
Siliguri: Gorkha Janamukti Morcha president
Bimal Gurung on Wednesday said they expected their demand for
statehood will be granted soon.
"We have already attended three rounds of talks and in
the fourth round we are expecting that our one-point demand
for statehood will be granted," he told a rally at Darjeeling
on the occasion of second foundation day of GJM.
GJM, he said, had been conducting the movement for a
separate Gorkhaland in a non violent way and would stick to it
"till the last".
The fourth round of talks between GJM, West Bengal
government and the Centre is scheduled to be held in
GJM general secretary Roshan Giri told PTI Gorkha Land
Personnel (GJM`s security wing) held a march past and Gurung
took the salute before the foundation day programme which was
attended by about 100 gorkha representatives from across the
Noted Nepali writer Indra Bahadur Rai was felicitated by
Gurung at a cultural programme at Gorkha Rangmanch Bhavan on
The Bengali and Nepali editions of Rai`s book `Why
Gorkhaland` was also inaugurated at the programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly