Gurung says he will declare Gorkhaland if talks fail
Siliguri: Gorkha Janamukti Morcha president
Bimal Gurung on Wednesday said they expected their demand for
statehood will be granted soon.
"We have already attended three rounds of talks and in
the fourth round we are expecting that our one-point demand
for statehood will be granted," he told a rally at Darjeeling
on the occasion of second foundation day of GJM.
GJM, he said, had been conducting the movement for a
separate Gorkhaland in a non violent way and would stick to it
"till the last".
The fourth round of talks between GJM, West Bengal
government and the Centre is scheduled to be held in
GJM general secretary Roshan Giri told PTI Gorkha Land
Personnel (GJM`s security wing) held a march past and Gurung
took the salute before the foundation day programme which was
attended by about 100 gorkha representatives from across the
Noted Nepali writer Indra Bahadur Rai was felicitated by
Gurung at a cultural programme at Gorkha Rangmanch Bhavan on
The Bengali and Nepali editions of Rai`s book `Why
Gorkhaland` was also inaugurated at the programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh