Guwahati molestation: Assam police yet to visit Odisha
Bhubaneswar: No police team from Assam has so far visited Odisha, officials said Monday, as the Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi Monday said the key accused in the molestation of a teenage girl in Guwahati last week has been traced to Bhubaneswar.
Gogoi has said in Guwahati that Amarjyoti Kalita, the prime accused in the July 9 case, will be arrested soon.
"Based on the information provided by police of that state, (Assam) we had tracked a phone in Bhubaneswar which was allegedly used to call an accused. The phone was found to be a public booth at the city railway station. We had already informed about it to the Assam police," a police official here told a news agency.
"We have no further information on the matter. No team of Assam police has so far arrived in our state in this case" he added.
Gogoi, while talking to newsmen outside the assembly in Guwahati, said: "Police have been tracking his mobile phone records and he is reportedly taking shelter in Bhubaneswar. Efforts are on to nab him. Our police are in touch with their Odisha counterparts and we hope to track him soon."
The teenage girl was stripped and molested by a group of people in the main city of Assam in full public view last Monday. The incident has sparked national outrage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday