Haldar ready for talks with civil society
Guwahati: ULFA peace talk interlocutor P
C haldar today said he was prepared to talk to the civil
society leaders and ULFA leaders to prepare the groundwork for
starting the peace process.
"Yes I am prepared to meet the leaders of the civil
society and the leaders of the ULFA to prepare the ground
work", Haldar told reporters here today after meeting top
government and police officials.
The Centre-appointed peace interlocutor, who is on a
three-day visit to the state, said he was keen to set the
peace process on rail.
Haldar, who is scheduled to leave for New Delhi
tomorrow, met state chief secretary and home secretary apart
from top police officials during his stay here.
According to official sources the peace interlocutor
is scheduled to meet a section of the civil society tomorrow
and intelligence officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says