Haldar ready for talks with civil society
Guwahati: ULFA peace talk interlocutor P
C haldar today said he was prepared to talk to the civil
society leaders and ULFA leaders to prepare the groundwork for
starting the peace process.
"Yes I am prepared to meet the leaders of the civil
society and the leaders of the ULFA to prepare the ground
work", Haldar told reporters here today after meeting top
government and police officials.
The Centre-appointed peace interlocutor, who is on a
three-day visit to the state, said he was keen to set the
peace process on rail.
Haldar, who is scheduled to leave for New Delhi
tomorrow, met state chief secretary and home secretary apart
from top police officials during his stay here.
According to official sources the peace interlocutor
is scheduled to meet a section of the civil society tomorrow
and intelligence officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA