Harmuti-Itanagar railway project nearing completion
Itanagar: The Harmuti-Itanagar railway line project is nearing completion in Arunachal Pradesh.
"Construction of all minor bridges have been completed and the major ones are nearing completion while track linking is progressing, official sources said today.
Arunachal Pradesh had only 1.26 km of meter gauge from Balipara to Bhalukpong in West Kameng district built in 1990.
A new line from Harmuti to Itanagar was sanctioned in 1996-97, but the project was put on hold following a request by the state government. The state government approved the alignment from Harmuti to Itanagar in October 2006.
The alignment, after beginning from Harmuti railway station travels 9 km in Assam`s Lakhimpur district and then 11 km in Papum Pare district of Arunachal Pradesh.
The line from Harmuti station of Rangiya-Murkongselek meter gauge section was sanctioned as broad gauge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa