Harmuti-Itanagar railway project nearing completion
Itanagar: The Harmuti-Itanagar railway line project is nearing completion in Arunachal Pradesh.
"Construction of all minor bridges have been completed and the major ones are nearing completion while track linking is progressing, official sources said today.
Arunachal Pradesh had only 1.26 km of meter gauge from Balipara to Bhalukpong in West Kameng district built in 1990.
A new line from Harmuti to Itanagar was sanctioned in 1996-97, but the project was put on hold following a request by the state government. The state government approved the alignment from Harmuti to Itanagar in October 2006.
The alignment, after beginning from Harmuti railway station travels 9 km in Assam`s Lakhimpur district and then 11 km in Papum Pare district of Arunachal Pradesh.
The line from Harmuti station of Rangiya-Murkongselek meter gauge section was sanctioned as broad gauge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress