Havildar beaten to death by 8 subordinates in Imphal
Imphal: An IRB Havildar was beaten to death
allegedly by eight of his subordinates in their barrack at
Lamphel in Imphal West district, police said on Tuesday.
The Havildar of First Indian Reserve Battalion (IRB),
identified as Oinam Inaotomba, was attacked and killed after
an altercation with the eight jawans over a missing SLR last
Police arrested all the eight IRB personnel.
A police investigation has revealed that the gun had been
earlier deposited to the IRB headquarters in Churachandpur. A
communication gap had shown the SLR missing at the Lamphel
The Havildar was the escort commander of a former
minister V Hangkhalian.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert