HC adjourns hearing on scrapping of Tashiding hydel project
Gangtok: Sikkim High Court has adjourned hearing on the petition seeking the scrapping of the 97 MW Tashiding Hydro Electric Project for exactly a month.
The Division Bench comprising the Chief Justice Pius Chakkalayil Kuriakose and Justice SP Wangdi on April 10 noted that there was already an interim order of the court in force in relation with the seeking of the stay order after two petitioners pressed for a stay order on work on the project underway in West Sikkim.
The bench, which gave time to the state for submitting its views by May 10, also noted any work underway at the project site, if any, would be at the expense and risk of the project developer and the state would not be liable for such costs and expenditures incurred.
Earlier, the counsel for the petitioners, Zangpo Sherpa had placed additional documents before the court which included the report of the high powered committee constituted by the government for review and examination of the three hydel projects which were initially planned on the Rathong Chu namely Ting Ting, Lethang and Tashiding.
Subsequently, Ting Ting and Lethang projects were scrapped.
The bench will take up the matter for further hearing after May 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!