HC adjourns hearing on scrapping of Tashiding hydel project
Gangtok: Sikkim High Court has adjourned hearing on the petition seeking the scrapping of the 97 MW Tashiding Hydro Electric Project for exactly a month.
The Division Bench comprising the Chief Justice Pius Chakkalayil Kuriakose and Justice SP Wangdi on April 10 noted that there was already an interim order of the court in force in relation with the seeking of the stay order after two petitioners pressed for a stay order on work on the project underway in West Sikkim.
The bench, which gave time to the state for submitting its views by May 10, also noted any work underway at the project site, if any, would be at the expense and risk of the project developer and the state would not be liable for such costs and expenditures incurred.
Earlier, the counsel for the petitioners, Zangpo Sherpa had placed additional documents before the court which included the report of the high powered committee constituted by the government for review and examination of the three hydel projects which were initially planned on the Rathong Chu namely Ting Ting, Lethang and Tashiding.
Subsequently, Ting Ting and Lethang projects were scrapped.
The bench will take up the matter for further hearing after May 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog