HC cancels appointment of 10,323 teachers in Tripura
Agartala: Tripura High Court on Wednesday cancelled the appointment of 10,323 teachers in different categories recruited since 2010 and ruled that no proper policy was followed for their appointment.
The division bench comprising Chief Justice Deepak Gupta and S C Das passed the verdict on writ petitions challenging the revised employment policy of the state government.
The Left Front government had appointed 1100 post graduate teachers, 4617 graduate teachers and 4606 under graduate teachers since 2010.
The division bench in its 600-page verdict said the appointment of all the teachers was cancelled to pave the way for fresh recruitment.
The teachers` services would be terminated on or before December 31 this year and the government would complete the process of fresh appointment during the time.
The HC formulated a guideline for appointment of the teachers which should be notified within two months and said there should not be any compromise in case of recruitment of the teachers because it would spoil the future of the students.
Altogether 152 persons had filed petitions against the appointments and the high court clubbed them together and heard the cases from April 2 to April 5.
The undergraduate teachers were appointed last year which gave rise to wide spread resentment among the candidates who did not get the job. They attacked many ruling CPI-M party offices and razed them to the grounds. Many party leaders were also heckled.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed