HC hears MLA disqualification petition
Shillong: The Gauhati High Court on Wednesday heard
a diqualification plea made against Meghalaya MLA Ismail
R Marak for allegedly not disclosing all his assets while
filing his nomination papers to the Election Commission in
The petitioners alleged that the MLA did not disclose
to the EC that he had owned a petrol pump, but the charge was
dismissed by Marak`s lawyer Sujit Dey.
Dey submitted that in the affidavit filed before the
returning officer in 2008, the legislator had clearly
mentioned about the petrol pump.
A two member bench of the court would further hear the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources