HC hears MLA disqualification petition
Shillong: The Gauhati High Court on Wednesday heard
a diqualification plea made against Meghalaya MLA Ismail
R Marak for allegedly not disclosing all his assets while
filing his nomination papers to the Election Commission in
The petitioners alleged that the MLA did not disclose
to the EC that he had owned a petrol pump, but the charge was
dismissed by Marak`s lawyer Sujit Dey.
Dey submitted that in the affidavit filed before the
returning officer in 2008, the legislator had clearly
mentioned about the petrol pump.
A two member bench of the court would further hear the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!