HC hears MLA disqualification petition
Shillong: The Gauhati High Court on Wednesday heard
a diqualification plea made against Meghalaya MLA Ismail
R Marak for allegedly not disclosing all his assets while
filing his nomination papers to the Election Commission in
The petitioners alleged that the MLA did not disclose
to the EC that he had owned a petrol pump, but the charge was
dismissed by Marak`s lawyer Sujit Dey.
Dey submitted that in the affidavit filed before the
returning officer in 2008, the legislator had clearly
mentioned about the petrol pump.
A two member bench of the court would further hear the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users