Heavy exchange of fire between Assam Rifles and MPA in Manipur
Imphal: There was a heavy exchange of fire between insurgents of the Manipur People`s Army, armed wing of the United National Liberation Front, and Assam Rifles personnel in the interior Chandel district bordering Myanmar.
Official reports today said that yesterday`s gunbattle between MPA insurgents and Assam Rifles personnel of the 36th battalion at Selon lasted for several hours.
However, no casualty was reported.
While a spokesman of the UNLF said the MPA insurgents inflicted heavy casualties on the security personnel, AR authorities denied it, the reports said.
The AR personnel were patrolling the hilly village when they were attacked by the insurgents, sources said.
UNLF chairman RK Meghen, who was arrested from Motihari district of Bihar in November, was produced before a local court in Guwahati yesterday and remanded to judicial custody till December 29, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Saina Nehwal drops four places to be no.9, status quo for PV Sindhu
- Mauritius to remain major FDI source till March 2019: Experts
- Abhinav Bindra to head NRAI review committee on Rio debacle
- Now, WhatsApp to share your phone number with Facebook
- SHOCKING: Man performing stunt on high tension wire at Mumbai's Mira road station – Watch