Heavy exchange of fire between Assam Rifles and MPA in Manipur
Imphal: There was a heavy exchange of fire between insurgents of the Manipur People`s Army, armed wing of the United National Liberation Front, and Assam Rifles personnel in the interior Chandel district bordering Myanmar.
Official reports today said that yesterday`s gunbattle between MPA insurgents and Assam Rifles personnel of the 36th battalion at Selon lasted for several hours.
However, no casualty was reported.
While a spokesman of the UNLF said the MPA insurgents inflicted heavy casualties on the security personnel, AR authorities denied it, the reports said.
The AR personnel were patrolling the hilly village when they were attacked by the insurgents, sources said.
UNLF chairman RK Meghen, who was arrested from Motihari district of Bihar in November, was produced before a local court in Guwahati yesterday and remanded to judicial custody till December 29, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city