Heavy exchange of fire between Assam Rifles and MPA in Manipur
Imphal: There was a heavy exchange of fire between insurgents of the Manipur People`s Army, armed wing of the United National Liberation Front, and Assam Rifles personnel in the interior Chandel district bordering Myanmar.
Official reports today said that yesterday`s gunbattle between MPA insurgents and Assam Rifles personnel of the 36th battalion at Selon lasted for several hours.
However, no casualty was reported.
While a spokesman of the UNLF said the MPA insurgents inflicted heavy casualties on the security personnel, AR authorities denied it, the reports said.
The AR personnel were patrolling the hilly village when they were attacked by the insurgents, sources said.
UNLF chairman RK Meghen, who was arrested from Motihari district of Bihar in November, was produced before a local court in Guwahati yesterday and remanded to judicial custody till December 29, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Google honours legendary singer Mukesh with a doodle on 93rd birth anniversary
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies