Heavy exchange of fire between Assam Rifles and MPA in Manipur
Imphal: There was a heavy exchange of fire between insurgents of the Manipur People`s Army, armed wing of the United National Liberation Front, and Assam Rifles personnel in the interior Chandel district bordering Myanmar.
Official reports today said that yesterday`s gunbattle between MPA insurgents and Assam Rifles personnel of the 36th battalion at Selon lasted for several hours.
However, no casualty was reported.
While a spokesman of the UNLF said the MPA insurgents inflicted heavy casualties on the security personnel, AR authorities denied it, the reports said.
The AR personnel were patrolling the hilly village when they were attacked by the insurgents, sources said.
UNLF chairman RK Meghen, who was arrested from Motihari district of Bihar in November, was produced before a local court in Guwahati yesterday and remanded to judicial custody till December 29, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months