Heavy exchange of fire between Assam Rifles and MPA in Manipur
Imphal: There was a heavy exchange of fire between insurgents of the Manipur People`s Army, armed wing of the United National Liberation Front, and Assam Rifles personnel in the interior Chandel district bordering Myanmar.
Official reports today said that yesterday`s gunbattle between MPA insurgents and Assam Rifles personnel of the 36th battalion at Selon lasted for several hours.
However, no casualty was reported.
While a spokesman of the UNLF said the MPA insurgents inflicted heavy casualties on the security personnel, AR authorities denied it, the reports said.
The AR personnel were patrolling the hilly village when they were attacked by the insurgents, sources said.
UNLF chairman RK Meghen, who was arrested from Motihari district of Bihar in November, was produced before a local court in Guwahati yesterday and remanded to judicial custody till December 29, official sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video