Heavy exchange of fire in interior Manipur
Imphal: There was heavy exchange of fire between central para military forces and militants near the Indo-Myanmar border in Manipur`s Ukhrul district but no casualty was reported, police said on Saturday.
The incident occurred when personnel of 44th Assam Rifles were attacked by the militants while patrolling Kamjong area yesterday.
The security force personnel returned the fire and the exchange lasted for several hours, the police said.
No casualty was sustained by the security personnel, the police said adding that the militants escaped through the nearby dense jungles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof