Heavy pre monsoon shower lashes Gangtok
Gangtok: Strong winds accompanied by heavy pre monsoon showers lashed the Sikkim capital disrupting power supply and traffic movement, official sources said Tuesday.
Most areas of the state capital were without electricity yesterday as electric wires snapped after trees fell on them during the storm and rains, the sources said.
The Deputy Commissioner (East) D Anandan said there were no reports of major damages during the storm and rains which lashed the state capital from 2.30 pm to 6 pm, even as traffic disruptions were reported.
A huge tree fell on an under construction building at 6 Mile, Tadong, sources said adding another tree fell on an under construction building and at TNA School damaging
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Haji Ali Dargah case: Expect a 'pro women' verdict from Bombay HC, says Trupti Desai
- Lenovo Vibe K5 2nd flash sale today; get it at Rs 6,999
- Rahul Gandhi condemns Istanbul airport attack, dubs it as ''cowardly attack on innocents''
- Watch: Meet Cozmo, a tiny robot with big brain and bigger personality!
- Hrithik Roshan escapes Istanbul attacks, reaches India safely!