Heavy pre monsoon shower lashes Gangtok
Gangtok: Strong winds accompanied by heavy pre monsoon showers lashed the Sikkim capital disrupting power supply and traffic movement, official sources said Tuesday.
Most areas of the state capital were without electricity yesterday as electric wires snapped after trees fell on them during the storm and rains, the sources said.
The Deputy Commissioner (East) D Anandan said there were no reports of major damages during the storm and rains which lashed the state capital from 2.30 pm to 6 pm, even as traffic disruptions were reported.
A huge tree fell on an under construction building at 6 Mile, Tadong, sources said adding another tree fell on an under construction building and at TNA School damaging
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'