Heavy pre monsoon shower lashes Gangtok
Gangtok: Strong winds accompanied by heavy pre monsoon showers lashed the Sikkim capital disrupting power supply and traffic movement, official sources said Tuesday.
Most areas of the state capital were without electricity yesterday as electric wires snapped after trees fell on them during the storm and rains, the sources said.
The Deputy Commissioner (East) D Anandan said there were no reports of major damages during the storm and rains which lashed the state capital from 2.30 pm to 6 pm, even as traffic disruptions were reported.
A huge tree fell on an under construction building at 6 Mile, Tadong, sources said adding another tree fell on an under construction building and at TNA School damaging
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what