Heavy rain, hailstorm lash Mizoram, over 1000 houses damaged
Aizawl: Over 1,000 houses have been damaged
in Mizoram lashed by heavy rain, coupled with hailstorm and
strong wind since Sunday, official sources said on Tuesday.
Saiha town was hit by hailstorm midday today in
which several houses were damaged, police said.
The extent of damage was yet to be ascertained as
communication lines were snapped by the storm.
North eastern part of the state was worst hit by the
storm which ravaged more than 400 houses on Sunday night where
hails as big as eggs landed on the GCI-roof tops causing heavy
damage to the human dwellings in this part of Aizawl district
Other districts like Serchhip, Kolasib, Lunglei and Saiha
were also not spared as more reports on the devastation poured
in despite communication problems.
Cell phone network system was disrupted following the
storm hitting Aizawl district and many villages remained
Power supply was also disrupted in some places as
electric poles and lines were damaged by the storm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax