Heavy rains in Arunachal Pradesh claim 12 lives
Itanagar: At least 12 people have died in Arunachal Pradesh due to landslides triggered by heavy rains that have cut off road links among many districts, even as several rivers have crossed the danger level, official sources said here on Thursday.
Reports from the district said many people are facing shortage of essential commodities like medicines because of the rains that are lashing the state for a month.
There have also been reports of blood dysentery among
locals at Anini in Dibang Valley district, they said.
The water level of Jengthu, Kamlang and Berreng river are
flowing above danger level and have submerged numerous
villages, the sources said, adding, other rivers in the
state are also near touching the red signal.
Landslides and erosion have cut off road links at Lohit,
Upper Siang, Dibang Valley, Anjan and East Kameng districts,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users