Heavy rains in Arunachal Pradesh claim 12 lives
Itanagar: At least 12 people have died in Arunachal Pradesh due to landslides triggered by heavy rains that have cut off road links among many districts, even as several rivers have crossed the danger level, official sources said here on Thursday.
Reports from the district said many people are facing shortage of essential commodities like medicines because of the rains that are lashing the state for a month.
There have also been reports of blood dysentery among
locals at Anini in Dibang Valley district, they said.
The water level of Jengthu, Kamlang and Berreng river are
flowing above danger level and have submerged numerous
villages, the sources said, adding, other rivers in the
state are also near touching the red signal.
Landslides and erosion have cut off road links at Lohit,
Upper Siang, Dibang Valley, Anjan and East Kameng districts,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof