Heavy rains in Arunachal Pradesh claim 12 lives
Itanagar: At least 12 people have died in Arunachal Pradesh due to landslides triggered by heavy rains that have cut off road links among many districts, even as several rivers have crossed the danger level, official sources said here on Thursday.
Reports from the district said many people are facing shortage of essential commodities like medicines because of the rains that are lashing the state for a month.
There have also been reports of blood dysentery among
locals at Anini in Dibang Valley district, they said.
The water level of Jengthu, Kamlang and Berreng river are
flowing above danger level and have submerged numerous
villages, the sources said, adding, other rivers in the
state are also near touching the red signal.
Landslides and erosion have cut off road links at Lohit,
Upper Siang, Dibang Valley, Anjan and East Kameng districts,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!