High-level team to look into Nido Taniki death case: Arunachal CM
Itanagar: The Union Home ministry will soon constitute high-level teams to look into the case of killing of Arunachal Pradesh student Nido Tania in Delhi and the January 29 incident that claimed lives of 10 CPI(ML) supporters, state Chief Minister Nabam Tuki said on Tuesday.
He said the issues were raised during a telephonic talk he had with Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde.
A team would be constituted by the home ministry with representatives from Arunachal Pradesh to go into the crux of the racial remark that led to the death of Tania, he said.
According to Tuki, the Home Ministry will constitute another high-level team, including representatives from Arunachal Pradesh and Assam, to probe the January 29 incident that claimed lives of 10 CPI(ML) supporters and left eight others injured in Assam`s Sonitpur district.
The team would inspect the area very soon, he said.
Tuki`s Assam counterpart Tarun Gogoi has demanded a CBI probe into the incident.
The killing of the CPI(ML) supporters which had led to an economic blockade on the NH-52 from the Assam side since January 30 has created shortage of essential commodities in Arunachal Pradesh, particularly in state capital Itanagar.
As far back as 2012, Gogoi had in a letter to Tuki reiterated his faith in the historically friendly relations between the people of the two states.
Emphasising the need for coordination among district level officials on either side of the boundary to diffuse tension created by such incidents, Gogoi had assured Tuki of proactive measures from Assam for maintaining peace and harmony in the border areas.
On the assault of a young man in Sonitpur district today, Superintendent of Police Sanjukta Parasar said that the police intervened in Dipik area and rushed him to hospital.
A case has been registered and the culprits will be brought to book soon, the SP added.
Asked about the economic blockade, she said that most of the vehicles were allowed passage during the day and that the remaining few would travel to their destinations tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter