High power committee to go into causes of hostel fire
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh government
will constitute a high level committee to probe Wednesday
night`s fire at the hostel of Holy Angel Don Bosco school at
Palin which left 14 students dead.
Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu, who along with education
minister Bosiram Siram and other officials flew into Palin in
Kurung Kumey district this morning, announced the decision
after meeting the grief-striken parents and the school
Khandu also visited the spot where the hostel, made
entirely of bamboo with tin roof, once stood.
The education minister said the government is drafting an
education policy requiring authorities of hostels, including
those run by private individuals, to give special emphasis on
safety and hygiene so that recurrence of the tragedy does not
The Chief Minister handed over Rs 20 Lakh to the
Assistance Deputy Commissioner for immediate relief. Khandu
expressed anguish over absence of the Deputy Commissioner even
36 hours after the incident.
The residents of this remote village said 10 charred
bodies have been identified and buried in the compound of the
school. Four missing students are presumed dead while four of
the seriously injured are shifted to Itanagar hospitals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report