Homage to Assam blasts victims
Guwahati: Led by Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi,
Assam on Sunday paid homage to the victims of serial bomb blast
here in which around 90 people were killed on this day in
In a function held at the Ganeshguri flyover, scene of
the first blast which killed some 70 people, Gogoi recalled
the tragedy and said the administration was taking all action
to nab the culprits.
Referring to those whose whereabouts were still not known,
Gogoi said the government will take steps to ascertain their
The All Assam Students Union (AASU) too paid respects in
memory of the victims.
The banned anti-talk faction of the National Democratic
Front of Bodoland (NDFB) was involved in the incident and its
chairman Ranjan Daimary was named as the prime
accused. Daimary has been arrested but has not been convicted
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir