Homage to Assam blasts victims
Guwahati: Led by Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi,
Assam on Sunday paid homage to the victims of serial bomb blast
here in which around 90 people were killed on this day in
In a function held at the Ganeshguri flyover, scene of
the first blast which killed some 70 people, Gogoi recalled
the tragedy and said the administration was taking all action
to nab the culprits.
Referring to those whose whereabouts were still not known,
Gogoi said the government will take steps to ascertain their
The All Assam Students Union (AASU) too paid respects in
memory of the victims.
The banned anti-talk faction of the National Democratic
Front of Bodoland (NDFB) was involved in the incident and its
chairman Ranjan Daimary was named as the prime
accused. Daimary has been arrested but has not been convicted
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year