HPC casual workers on indefinite strike
Jagiroad: Over 1700 casual workers of the Hindustan Paper Corporation paper mill here struck work indefinitely from thursday partially hitting the production works of the paper mill.
Staging a dharna and sit-in demonstration in front of the administration building of the HPC, the casual workers union members demanded revised remuneration as announced by the Union Labour department.
The Gauhati High Court had three months ago issued an order for the HPC to pay the revised remuneration to the causal workers, the union`s general secretary Atul Chandra Kalita told reporters.
The HPC authority were yet to implement the revised remuneration with the workers receiving payments less than the MGNREGA rate, Kalita asserted.
The non-cooperation by the workers had partially affected the working of the mill at Jagiroad in central Assam`s Morigaon district, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony