HPC casual workers on indefinite strike
Jagiroad: Over 1700 casual workers of the Hindustan Paper Corporation paper mill here struck work indefinitely from thursday partially hitting the production works of the paper mill.
Staging a dharna and sit-in demonstration in front of the administration building of the HPC, the casual workers union members demanded revised remuneration as announced by the Union Labour department.
The Gauhati High Court had three months ago issued an order for the HPC to pay the revised remuneration to the causal workers, the union`s general secretary Atul Chandra Kalita told reporters.
The HPC authority were yet to implement the revised remuneration with the workers receiving payments less than the MGNREGA rate, Kalita asserted.
The non-cooperation by the workers had partially affected the working of the mill at Jagiroad in central Assam`s Morigaon district, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- BJP leader Yashwant Sinha criticises Modi government on NSG fiasco
- Brexit woe: Pound tumbles, most markets extend losses