HPC casual workers on indefinite strike
Jagiroad: Over 1700 casual workers of the Hindustan Paper Corporation paper mill here struck work indefinitely from thursday partially hitting the production works of the paper mill.
Staging a dharna and sit-in demonstration in front of the administration building of the HPC, the casual workers union members demanded revised remuneration as announced by the Union Labour department.
The Gauhati High Court had three months ago issued an order for the HPC to pay the revised remuneration to the causal workers, the union`s general secretary Atul Chandra Kalita told reporters.
The HPC authority were yet to implement the revised remuneration with the workers receiving payments less than the MGNREGA rate, Kalita asserted.
The non-cooperation by the workers had partially affected the working of the mill at Jagiroad in central Assam`s Morigaon district, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj