HPC casual workers on indefinite strike
Jagiroad: Over 1700 casual workers of the Hindustan Paper Corporation paper mill here struck work indefinitely from thursday partially hitting the production works of the paper mill.
Staging a dharna and sit-in demonstration in front of the administration building of the HPC, the casual workers union members demanded revised remuneration as announced by the Union Labour department.
The Gauhati High Court had three months ago issued an order for the HPC to pay the revised remuneration to the causal workers, the union`s general secretary Atul Chandra Kalita told reporters.
The HPC authority were yet to implement the revised remuneration with the workers receiving payments less than the MGNREGA rate, Kalita asserted.
The non-cooperation by the workers had partially affected the working of the mill at Jagiroad in central Assam`s Morigaon district, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!